The Recruitment in the Workplace Conference taking place online on the 25th April 2024.
Half of employers in the public sector are reporting hard-to-fill vacancies currently, according to a 2023 CIPD report. Strikes, labour shortages and the cost-of-living crisis have all contributed to this issue. Through sharing best practice on tackling these challenges and proven solutions, HR practitioners can work together to improve recruitment pathways.
There are some NHS GM – Adult Social Care Team part-funded places for this conference.
To register your place click here and enter code ’20OFF’ at checkout. Alternatively, please contact me directly and I shall arrange this for you.
A snippet of the agenda
Keynote: Key Guidance on Achieving Best Practice Recruitment Protocols and Processes
- Insights into complying with discrimination and data protection laws throughout the recruitment process
- Using protected characteristics to help disadvantaged and underrepresented groups and widen talent pools: key tips
- Sharing the most engaging and impactful language to use when advertising job roles
- Tools for identifying who is best to lead interviews and reducing scope for discrimination
Dan Ellis, People Director, Acas (invited)
Panel: Practical Approaches to Deliver an Inclusive Recruitment and Hiring Process
- Best practice initiatives to attract a diverse pool of applicants
- Solutions to tackle and mitigate against unconscious bias during the interview and application process
- Sharing insights into when and how best to make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities or neurodiversity
- Attendees will be invited to ask questions
Harbhajan Brar, Director of Human Resources, Imperial College London (invited)
Rachel Bennett, Director of People Services, Longhurst Group (invited)
Zara McArdle, Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Lincolnshire Police (invited)
View the full agenda here
When you secure your place, you gain 12 months of unlimited access to GE Insights, our online cross-sector learning resource full of case study-focused videos and articles, which are all CPD certified.