Peer to peer support
Just knowing you are not alone can offer reassurance, reduce feelings of isolation and improve wellbeing. There are various types of perinatal and parent infant mental health peer support on offer across Greater Manchester.
- Home-Start operates in Tameside, Stockport, Manchester, Trafford, Salford, Bolton, Oldham and Rochdale where trained parent volunteers offer home visiting support to parents with a child aged 0-2.
- Dad Matters offers support across all of Greater Manchester to dads and dads-to-be.
- Spoons offers support to parents with a baby in NICU
- Proud to be Parents offers support to the LGBTQ+ community. A new piece of work is under development to increase peer support groups across Greater Manchester so that parents have a wider choice of when, where and how to access support.
- The LGBTQ Foundation offers a variety of services across Greater Manchester to anyone who identifies as LGBT. We want to make sure that all LGBT people are able to reach their full potential. We do this by reducing isolation, equipping you with skills, providing mental health support, and more. You can see a full list of our services on our website, and remember, we’re here if you need us.