Supporting transition and retention: Reports from previous activities
- Aquinas College This project aimed to support the transition of students who identified as having anxiety, OCD and/or depression. Download the Results for analysis of the questionnaires
- Aquinas College This project aimed to try and improve early identification of vulnerable students and support them with their early interactions with college.
- Bolton College The aim of this summer project was to reduce stress, reduce anxiety surrounding transition and improve wellbeing and resilience.
- Bolton Sixth Form College The aim of this project was to support students to develop and build self-reliance and coping skills and to discover stress management, relaxation and calming methods to suit them personally.
- Bury College Together with their partner Streetwise @ Early Break Bury College’s aim was to provide support for new learners over the summer holiday and during the first few weeks of term
- Connell Coop College This project aimed to raise self-esteem, create a community bond and sense of belonging for the most vulnerable students
- Hopwood Hall This project aimed to support students who may face particular challenges when transitioning into further education.
- Loreto College This project aimed to support the mental health of all our high achieving students (based on
prior attainment at GCSE) and in particular those who are at greatest disadvantage
- St John Rigby Sixth Form College This project aimed to create a culture and community in which mental health is openly discussed and addressed without shame and stigma
- Trafford College Group Stockport College Transition from pupil referral units [PDF] This project aimed to improve transition support for the most vulnerable students from two Pupil Referral Units
- Salford College Worsley Campus This project aimed to support potential ‘Not in Education, Employment or Training’ students by
providing support over the summer months
- The Manchester College This project aimed to provide a robust and streamlined transition to all students who disclosed a special educational needs and disability prior to enrolment.
- Xaverian College wanted to find out about the support available to their students for mental health problems.