Grants of up to £1000 are available to support Greater Manchester based peer-led voluntary groups
Our all-encompassing vision is that parents across Greater Manchester have accessible and welcoming peer support services that remain different from, but also closely connected to, clinical perinatal mental health services. This means:
- Services are working in partnership with each other and signpost to each other
- Environments are safe and welcoming and promote healthy relationships that supports a sense of connection and empowerment to all attendees
- Peer- led groups encourage parents to increase their social skills, learn from each other and boost wellbeing
Grants are available to support Greater Manchester based peer-led voluntary groups that can:
- Engage local parent’s (remotely or face to face), in a welcoming, safe and nonjudgement environment; where they access peer support, socialise with and learn from other parents.
- Recruit/use volunteers with lived experienced of perinatal stress; to offer valuable support to new parents and help ease the sense of isolation or overwhelm, often felt when new parents experience anxiety, or feeling down, or that they can’t understand why they are ‘struggling’ with feeling anything other than joy. This type of support gives a sense of relief, connection and also promotes coping strategies.
Ideas of what you can apply for:
- Costs to cover rent or administration
- Contributions towards technology to enable digital/remote support
- Leaflets/posters for marketing and to distribute
- Safety items, such as travel mugs
- Wellbeing resources such as books
- Start up kits
Who can apply? To be eligible to apply, an organisation must be:
- VCFSE (Voluntary, Community, Faith, Social Enterprise sector).
- Based in any of the 10 Greater Manchester boroughs (Oldham, Stockport, Tameside, Rochdale, Bury, Bolton, Manchester, Trafford, Salford, Wigan).
- Peer – led and specifically aimed at parents experiencing feeling of overwhelm.
You do not have to be a ‘constituted’ (have a set of rules that govern what you do) group to apply. If you do not have a set of rules, or a group bank account, just let us know on the form and we will see what we can do to accommodate if you are successful.
Grant amount: Up to £1,000.
Deadline: There is no deadline for applications but the grant will close once the funds have been exhausted.
Contact information: Sarah Cook – CEO Home-Start HOST & GM VCSE Lead for Perinatal & PIMH. Tel 0161 344 0669, Email email@example.com