We know things may be difficult at the moment. If you find yourself feeling anxious, stressed or overwhelmed there’s support out there for you.
Free online wellbeing programmes
- SilverCloud – aged 16 years+. Online programmes to help ease your levels of stress, sleep better or to build resilience. You can choose to use any of the programmes. They are self-help, confidential and secure. Instant access to self-help support: https://gm.silvercloudhealth.com/
- SilverCloud parent and carer programmes: Supporting an Anxious Child (for parents and carers of children aged 5 to 11) and Supporting and Anxious Teen (for parents and carers of teenagers aged 12 to 18): https://gm.silvercloudhealth.com/
- Living Life to the Full. Online courses to help improve low mood, overcome stress, sleep better and build confidence. Materials have been designed to improve feelings and beat stress. Instant access to self-help support is available online and totally free of charge if you live in Greater Manchester. The resources are available in 18 languages. www.gmlifeskills.com
Free digital mental wellbeing support
Join the community and access free, safe and anonymous professional support online. There are no waiting lists for support and no referral needed. Access to these platforms is available instantly 24/7. Support available includes: Live chat or messaging with qualified mental health professionals; Self-help tools and activities; Online community
NHS Talking Therapies
Psychological treatments, including cognitive behaviour therapy, are effective in treating anxiety and depression and are often recommended first, particularly for mild to moderate anxiety and depression. Are you feeling lonely, depressed or anxious? If you’re over 16 you don’t need to see a health professional, you can self-refer to NHS Talking Therapies. You can find out what’s available in your area here
Crisis mental health helplines in Greater Manchester
If you feel you need mental health support, please contact one of these 24/7 helplines – they’re available to anyone of any age.
- Bolton, Manchester, Salford, Trafford & Wigan 0800 953 0285 (freephone)
- Bury, Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport and Tameside & Glossop 0800 014 9995 (freephone)
If there’s an immediate risk of danger to life, you should ring 999
Shining a Light on Suicide
Whether you’re feeling suicidal, worried someone else is, or have lost someone to suicide, you’re not alone. Whatever you’re going through, we’ll help you get the advice and support you need. www.shiningalightonsuicide.org.uk
Are you, or is a young person you know, not coping with life?
For confidential suicide prevention advice contact HOPELINEUK. They’re open 9am–12am (midnight) every day of the year. t: 0800 068 4141 e: pat@papyrus-uk
Greater Manchester Bereavement Service
This service is available for anyone living or working in Greater Manchester who has been bereaved or affected by a death by whatever cause, no matter how long ago. No-one needs to feel alone as they deal with their grief https://greater-manchester-bereavement-service.org.uk/