We know things may be difficult at the moment. If you find yourself feeling anxious, stressed or overwhelmed there’s support out there for you.
All this information is available in three downloadable flyers
Find mental health support where you live
Please visit our In Your Area page to find out what services are available in your area, and who you can contact for more information.
Kooth – children and young people aged 11 to 18 years
- Chat to their friendly counsellors
- Read articles written by young people
- Get support from the Kooth community www.kooth.com
Free text and online support. With this 24/7 crisis text messaging service you can send a text message any time of day or night wherever you are – every conversation is with a real person. Just text SHOUT to 85258
Apps to support your health, mental health and wellbeing
Free online wellbeing programmes
- SilverCloud – aged 16 years+
Online programmes to help ease your levels of stress, sleep better or to build resilience. You can choose to use any of the programmes. They are self-help, confidential and secure. Instant access to self-help support: GM.silvercloudhealth.com/signup
- Living Life to the Full. Online courses for anyone affected by low mood, anxiety or depression. Materials have been designed to improve feelings and beat stress. Available online and totally free of charge if you live in Greater Manchester. Sign up via the GM Health Hub (the only place to register) www.gmlifeskills.com
Crisis Lines in Greater Manchester
If you feel you need mental health support please contact one of these 24/7 crisis lines – they’re available to anyone of any age
- Bolton, Manchester, Salford and Trafford. 0800 953 0285 (freephone)
- Bury, Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport and Tameside & Glossop
0800 014 9995 (freephone)
- Wigan 0800 051 3253 (freephone)
If there’s an immediate risk of danger to life, you should ring 999
Shining a Light on Suicide
Whether you’re feeling suicidal, worried someone else is, or have lost someone to suicide, you’re not alone. Whatever you’re going through, we’ll help you get the advice and support you need.
Are you, or is a young person you know, not coping with life? For confidential suicide prevention advice contact. HOPELINEUK. They’re open 9am–12am (midnight) every day of the year.
t: 0800 068 4141 e: pat@papyrus-uk